CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) is a dual – focused educational approach in which the content of a subject is taught while learning a second language. In this course you will learn what you need for implementing effectively and easily CLIL in your classroom. You will be able to connect your current instructional practice with the basis of CLIL through the process of lesson planing.
The course proposes a practical approach to CLIL, by group discussion and step-by-step lesson planning based on school context for each group. Theoretical aspects answer to real teaching praxis so they help to create easily CLIL lessons which are presented at the end of the course.
At the end of this course, teachers will be able to:
- Determine the role of the CLIL teacher and determine a CLIL context for the classroom
- Learn different techniques to implement ESL through CLIL, such as Scaffolding.
- Use a wide range of resources and materials such as ICT tools and visual organizers .
- Put into practice different CLIL techniques for different stages of a lesson.
- Plan a lesson in CLIL and develop assessment tools tools such as rubrics.
- Learn how and which aspects evaluate in CLIL.
- Develop awareness in between content, culture and language.
- Reflect on teaching CLIL in different contexts and be able to face challenges in any classroom situation.