Teachers will learn different ways and methods to foster their students to become creative and critical thinkers as well as collaborators and problem solvers. All for that to create the learning contexts that facilitate the atmosphere where students can develop and explore confidently.
The 4 C’s: communication, collaboration, creativity and critical thinking involve the knowledge and management of cognitive, intrapersonal and interpersonal skills, that will contribute to well-being and success in life.
- Feel more motivated and excited about their day to day professional work, spreading this positive attitude to the rest of the teaching community.
- Improve the perspectives and development opportunities of each student.
- Promote group work and long-term projects to provoke changes with benefit effects and impact on the learning process and more satisfying and stimulating climate at schools.
- Keep abreast of the times.
- Verify and develop their pedagogical and communication skills.
- DAY 1: All and everyone. Creativity.
Know each other. Presentation activity where participants get to know each other. Group exchange: sharing experiences related to the topic of the workshop and expectations towards it.
Creative thinking. Definition, Principles & Creative thinking styles. Analysis of styles among the participants. Unconventional thinking and lateral thinking. Methods of creative thinking simulation among students.
Flow state. Unconscious incubation: the importance of resting, our brain’s time and how to overcome the barriers of conventional thinking.
Basics. Communication theory. Elements involved in the communication process, barriers, regulations and functions.
Verbal and non-verbal communication. Free. Effective and affective communication.
Empathy and assertiveness. Tips for their development and implementation.
What for? Assertive techniques: broken record, I messages, reframing and rephrasing.
Prepare Communication: goals, responsibility and clean language.
Listen. Active listening.
Jump the barriers of communication.
Together. Benefits of collaboration and ways to foster it at different levels. Rosenberg: Non-violent Communication.
Steps. Problem solving and programs of social and life skills.
DAY 2: TO TALK TO YOU. COMMUNICATION
Relax. Anger management and alternatives to aggression. Building self-esteem and caring peer relationships.
Alternatives. Creative techniques to solve problems.
Positions. Definition and consequences for the teacher, student’s role, classroom atmosphere.
Group work. Application to real life contexts: stereotypes, advertising and history
Wonder. Questioning strategies for clarification that prove assumptions about perspectives.
Tips. Techniques, strategies and programs to stimulate ways of critical thinking development among learners.
Conclusions. 21st century competencies + cognitive, interpersonal, and intrapersonal development.
Finding my way. Sharing plan designs for a creative and critical class. Group feedback.
The approach will be based on the experience and analysis of the reality and concerns of the group. We will mainly work in assemblies and small groups, encouraging creativity to expand opportunities and alternatives to action.
In addition, all teachers will be offered a course continuation strategy to monitor and implement good practice in their schools based on the knowledge, skills, and competences they have acquired during the course in Spain.
Through their commitment and active participation in sharing new competences, they will be able to build support groups among their community, while presenting their work and contribution on a local scale.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Gaining basic theoretical knowledge about interpersonal communication, which will enable them to use both more effective and conscious communication in order to exert better influence.
- Know the practical application of communication theory and techniques for the better development of their teaching, facilitating students’ learning, collaboration and problem-solving.
- Improve your skills to build constructive and positive relationships with students, partners and families.
- Study specific programs to teach students to improve communication, social skills, and problem-solving.
- Be able to use various methods of implementing creative solutions in professional life, while discovering your own creative resources.
- Effectively create conditions and support creative and critical thinking among your students.
- Learn and use a wide range of programs and tools designed to shape creative and critical thinking.
- Learn to look for solutions and improve your communication skills by analyzing problems from a systemic and systematic point of view.
- Develop an awareness of the starting point, challenges and opportunities, planning short- and long-term strategies adapted to the personal and professional situation and the context in which their activities take place.
- Pre-arrival information.
- Tuition & training materials.
- Coffee break.
- Training Certificate.
- Europass Certificate.
- Admin & organizational costs.
- Accommodation (hotels & self-catering apartments).
- Half-day and one-day trips.
- Cultural activities.
- Airport transfer.
- Local transport.