Teachers will learn how to make changes in a simple way in the everyday routines and deep ones in long term school culture and community.
In this course we will address issues such as boosting critical thinking. The first step is being aware of the institutionalized discrimination and the influence that our culture and ethnocentrism have on us. Once in this point, we will be able to make more inclusive choices and work with strategies to build cultural inclusiveness education.
We’ll share dynamics, examples and methodologies to integrate, attend and take advantage of the diversity in the classroom in different subjects and within shared leisure spaces.
Participants in this course will understand human beings behavior and develop their skills and competences on how to motivate work teams, build bridges with the community and manage complex long-term projects to foster social cohesion, peaceful coexistence and diversity.
The approach will be practical and experiential, based on the analysis of reality and the concerns of the group.
We will mainly work through group exchange and in small groups, encouraging reflection and creativity in order to increase the options and alternatives for action. We will also work through role plays, cases analysis and group dynamics.
Every day participants will dedicate some time to reflect on their own improvement plan and the actions they may take in terms of multicultural and intercultural education. In addition to their commitment, participants will be required to promote their actions through online platforms as well as to create professional and community support networks.
By completing the course the participants will be able to:
- Promote Intercultural Education and values such as equality, solidarity, social justice, peace and respect for cultural diversity.
- Know strategies for a quality education which is more efficient and equitable in the contexts of interculturality and immigration.
- Promote school and social inclusion among students by ensuring reception and integration and avoiding any type of discrimination.
- Plan short and long-term strategies and actions at different levels of the school organization so as to increase the impact of improvements and efforts.
- Promote, teach and shape inclusive and intercultural attitudes in the daily life in the form of cross-curricular issues and positive actions.
- Lead comprehensive proposals by fostering the creation of work groups and structuring actions in the long term.
- Know creative experiences, management models and basic tips to implement an intercultural education.
- Boost participation by different actors in the school community, social institutions, companies and municipal bodies thanks to awareness and work campaigns.
- Promote critical mind, dialogue and meetings through respect for differences and building of successful and enriching coexistence.
- Spread the importance of structural work for an inclusive education as a means to benefit the whole community and future generations in a diverse and globalised world.