This is a basic workshop to learn how to design, create and manage websites with the CMS WordPress platform, aimed at members of the educational community who have no knowledge of programming.
We will start by outlining a digital strategy, rethinking the potential of blogging in the educational field, as a working tool in the classroom and as a possibility to create collaboratively.
The main objective of the course is for each participant to learn how to create a basic, responsive or multiplatform website, using simple templates and the different tools offered by the WordPress.org platform.
- Master the main concepts of having an educational website on the internet
- Work with WordPress from scratch
- Create, modify and manage digital content
- Customize your website according to usability and UX criteria
- Know basic concepts for SEO
- Promote the use of ICT in the educational community
DAY 1 – TEACHING WITH BLOGS
Fundamentals of blogging
Types of educational websites
Workshop: thinking about your digital strategy
DAY 2 – WORDPRESS INTRODUCTION
Why is WordPress the right platform?
Domain registration and hosting contract
Installation, configuration and start-up of the self-administrable system
Updates and safeguards. Authors and different permissions
Getting to know the work environment
Workshop: domain registration, hosting contracting and installation of necessary software
DAY 3 – CREATING YOUR WEBSITE: PART 1
Static pages and posts
Multimedia content: uploading images, sizes and formats, information
Free, premium and paid templates: how to customise them
Main plugins and widgets
Customisation of the login screen
Workshop: setting up your website
DAY 4 – CREATING YOUR WEBSITE: PART 2
Introduction to SEO. Difference with SEM positioning
Authority and relevance
SEO on page and OFF page
Good and bad practices
On page SEO implementation programme
Workshop: planning and publishing your content
DAY 5 – SHARE YOUR PROJECT, GET FEEDBACK AND ITERATE
Projects presentations and active listening
Conclusions and overall evaluation of the workshop
The methodology used is a mixture between theoretical training and workshops training based on real-life examples. Different methods enable the participants to develop and create their solutions for their own professional needs and the needs of their students.
Practical part contains creating a digital content strategy, setting up the tools to work, designing and publishing a real website or edublog. There is a complete toolkit used to achieve innovative (and needed) results.
By completing this course, you will acquire new competencies and will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of blogging in education and how to implement it in their educational community or project
- Design a digital educational content strategy to stimulate the use of ICT, both inside and outside the classroom
- Master the basics of the WordPress platform to create, share and update educational content online
- Incorporate a collaborative work logic, based on the principles of innovation and design thinking
- Pre-arrival information.
- Tuition & training materials.
- Coffee break.
- Training Certificate.
- Europass Certificate.
- Admin & organizational costs.
- Accommodation (hotels & self-catering apartments).
- Half-day and one-day trips.
- Cultural activities.
- Airport transfer.
- Local transport.