In the new world we live in, coding is a universally valuable skill, whether you’re a scientist, artist, or a humanist. Algorithms are everywhere, and we all have to understand how they work.
The C language is particularly well suited as an introduction to coding: It’s a tried-and-true language, and it allows you to understand computing processes at a deep level.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Know the principles of computational logic.
- Obtain the necessary knowledge to, as a teacher, help in the development of students’ programming skills.
- Know how to use a variety of digital resources to make activities more interesting for students.
- Increase student engagement and motivation.
- Use of student devices inside and outside the classroom.
- Development of collaborative activities.
- Increase performance and effectiveness in lesson preparation.
- Take advantage of the resources available for the classroom, free and easy to use.
- Be more effective teachers, knowing how to solve computational logic problems that students pose.
DAY BY DAY
- DAY 1: GETTING FAMILIAR WITH THE CODING
Review of the Course Program
The importance of coding today
Introduction to programming with offline activities
- DAY 2: INTRODUCTION TO BLOCK CODING
What is block coding?
Scratch software features
Introduction to block programming with Scratch
- DAY 3: COMPLETE PROJECTS WITH SCRATCH
See examples of games and projects created with scratch
Choosing and planning a scratch project
Scratch project development
- DAY 4: INTRODUCTION TO C++ (PART 1)
History of the C language
Installation and use of C++
Lexical Elements and Data Types
- DAY 5: INTRODUCTION TO C++ (PART 2)
Flow of Control and Simple Functions
Advanced Functions, Recursion, Arrays, and Pointers
Arrays and pointers
The methodology used in the course is ‘learning by doing’ in the form of a guided tutorial.
The teacher, after briefly explaining some concepts and approaching the necessary tools, proposes a project in which participants will have to create educational resources for the class.
The teacher then becomes a support, helping the participants in their learning experience, at the end of the course there will be a test to assess the learning outcomes and the knowledge gained.
- The participant becomes familiar with the programming language.
- The participant increases their computational logic skills.
- The participant knows the basic structure and elements of an algorithm.
- The participant know C++ language.
- The participant knows how to create different programs with C++.
08.05.2023 > 12.05.2023
12.06.2023 > 16.06.2023
07.08.2023 > 11.08.2023
04.09.2023 > 08.09.2023
06.11.2023 > 10.11.2023
18.12.2023 > 22.12.2023
05.02.2024 > 09.02.2024
04.03.2024 > 08.03.2024
06.05.2024 > 10.05.2024
03.06.2024 > 07.06.2024
19.08.2024 > 23.08.2024
30.09.2024 > 04.10.2024
16.12.2024 > 20.12.2024
- Pre-arrival information.
- Tuition & training materials.
- Coffee break.
- Training Certificate.
- Europass Certificate.
- Admin & organizational costs.
- Accommodation (hotels & self-catering apartments).
- Half-day and one-day trips.
- Cultural activities.
- Airport transfer.
- Local transport.