Creative patisserie is not only about making delicious sweets, cakes and tarts, it is also about putting the accent on decoration using maximum creativity, giving you the opportunity to let your imagination run free.
One of the factors that have influenced the emergence of this type of confectionery is the possibility to personalise the recipe, and not only the ingredients, but also the appearance.
The result is visually appealing creations, for example in the case of children’s birthday cakes, fairy tale characters are often recreated. The aim of creative patisserie is to transform desserts into true works of art.
The main aim of the course is to provide participants with practical knowledge of confectionery decoration techniques and the products that are used for this purpose.
The course provides an opportunity to stimulate creativity, develop one’s own artistic potential and aesthetic sense in the field of confectionery, as well as learning about novelties on the foreign confectionery market.
The skills learnt by the participants during the course can be used to:
- Acquire knowledge, skills and competences related to creative patisserie.
- Gain practical experience related to creative patisserie.
- Experience group cooperation during the creative working process.
- Deepen the understanding of aesthetic principles in confectionery and how to apply these new ideas in practice.
- Increase knowledge of the variety of occasions and areas in which creative patisserie can be used.
- Increase knowledge of confectionery teaching methodologies and approaches.
- Learn how to evaluate the attractiveness of making and tasting confectionery products.
- Increase awareness of the importance of creativity in personal and professional life and its relevance in confectionery.
- Learn about the benefits and challenges of creative confectionery.
- DAY 1: WORKING WITH FONDANT
Introduction to creative confectionery.
Presentation of participants and sharing previous experiences.
Learning the principles of using fondant.
Working with fondant: pressing, rolling, colouring and decorating.
Principles of storing fondant.
Getting to know the texture of sugarpaste.
Demonstration with different ingredients for modelling.
- DAY 2: MODELLING OF SUGAR-MOULDED FIGURES
Applying CMC to make flowers, setting texture levels and modelling figures.
Familiarisation with cake textures for covering a cake.
Making a basic human figure or cartoon character (e.g. SpongeBob).
Refining the details of the figures and presentation.
- DAY 3: TYPES OF CAKES AND FILLINGS
Learning about the different types of sponge cake used to make cakes.
Specifics of sponge cake for fondant cakes (Geneva sponge cake).
Baking of sponge cakes.
Preparation of confectionery cream, cream filling and buttercream.
Making the biscuit and buttercream filling.
Filling cakes with confectioners’ cream or whipped cream.
Comparison and analysis of the characteristics of creams and biscuits.
- DAY 4: MAKING AND DECORATING THE CAKE
Learning the principles of creating a cake consisting of several layers.
Preparing and baking a sponge cake.
Preparing the fondant.
Filling with cream, covering with fondant and smoothing.
Preparing the figurines.
Decorating and attaching the figurines.
- DAY 5: BISCUITS WITH A THEME
Learning about different motifs to use when preparing sweets for parties.
Choice of theme.
Preparation of biscuits which can be used as decorations to accompany the cake.
Tasting and ideas for future pastries.
Summary and conclusions.
The course focuses mainly on practical training and experiential learning. The workshop is an opportunity to learn and apply the tools and techniques of creative confectionery in collaboration with a group and under the guidance of an experienced tutor.
Each participant receives the tools and products necessary for the workshop. The programme is dedicated to both confectionery and bakery teachers, as well as to all those who would like to develop their creativity and practical skills in the field of confectionery and beyond. Many of the topics presented during the course will be helpful for application in a teaching environment.
The participant will also learn about:
– Sources and goals of creative confectionery.
– The principles of aesthetics in confectionery.
– The importance of creativity for the appeal of baked goods.
– Ways to inspire students.
22.01.2024 > 26.01.2024
12.02.2024 > 16.02.2024
15.04.2024 > 19.04.2024
20.05.2024 > 24.05.2024
22.07.2024 > 26.07.2024
26.08.2024 > 30.08.2024
07.10.2024 > 11.10.2024
18.11.2024 > 22.11.2024
- Pre-arrival information.
- Tuition & training materials.
- Coffee break.
- Training Certificate.
- Europass Certificate.
- Admin & organizational costs.
- Accommodation (hotels & self-catering apartments).
- Half-day and one-day trips.
- Cultural activities.
- Airport transfer.
- Local transport.