Málaga, Sevilla and TenerifeClass Leadership & Management5 days
Coaching is an area in which focus is on developing yourselves – we get faced with our limitations and barriers. Our own development translates at every level of our lives, enriching it and strengthening our confidence. Working with students provides many unexpected situations that often present a challenge for Teachers.
Coaching methods allow you to acquire the skills giving flexibility and confidence as regards dealing with such situations. Tools which are provided during the workshop are almost irreplaceable in working with people, and especially students. Using the tools of coaching we teach students responsibility and thinking perspective. The course brings together all four related topics that verge on coaching, such as communication or feedback.
- Skilfully assuming an attitude in a challenging situation – by the application of coaching methods you will be able to come up with a satisfactory solution to any situation quickly and effectively forming questions inspiring to take action – coaching methods
- Strengthening communication skills
- Being able to work on your own habits
- Train the ability to see issues from the perspective of other people (II and III attitude of the perceptual)
- Ability to read the intentions of the interlocutor
- Feedback use for the development of students and yourself
- Ability to discipline students by coaching methods
- Giving feedback to individuals and groups
- Coherence in verbal and nonverbal communication
DAY BY DAY
- DAY 1: Introduction to coaching tools
Introduction: Familiarization and presentation of the Tutor and the whole group
Topics related to coaching: Communication as an integral part of coaching, feedback as an integral part of coaching
Coaching in the workplace: What and who does coaching have influence on in the workplace? Types of coaching
Skills: What skills are necessary to enter the coaching in the workplace? Listening and questioning
Forum 1: Group coaching
- DAY 2: The principles of coaching
Ego: How can your ego limit the style of coaching, transcending the ego.
Coaching: Definition, coaching space, differences between mentoring, therapy and training
Contact: How to build a good contact with other person, what affect the contact?
Listening: How to listen to in order to hear what our interlocutor is saying. Same message and two different interpretations – What does a Teacher hear and what does a Student hear? Theory based on mind map.
Forum 2: Moderate discussions
- DAY 3: The practice of coaching
Effective communication: Methodology; intention vs. interpretation
Communication barriers and habits: Definition, discovery and research
Voice modulation: Tone of voice necessary for good communication
Non-verbal communication: Knowledge about body language
Clean language: Clean communication, diplomatic vocabulary
Forum 3: Presentation
- DAY 4: All for one
Feedback techniques: One comment – four transfers, what is the feedback for?
Enforcement results: Coaching techniques, communication, vocabulary
Difficult conversation: How to prepare for a discussion. Where do we have to give difficult feedback? Which coaching tools can we use?
Communication barriers and habits: How to give good feedback based on coaching tools?
Forum 4: Giving feedback on coaching tools
- DAY 5: Educational coaching
“Listening from zero”: Description, application, methodology
Goal in question: Developing skills to ask questions about a clearly defined purpose
“Life circle”: Full presentation of tool, usage, practice
Forum 5: Summary – work in groups using all the methods acquired
The course focuses mainly on practical training in the ratio 80% practice and 20% theory. Classes are filled with case studies, moderated discussions, brainstorming and course exercises or games designed according to the theme of the course.
Each participant gets a book designed by the coach to complement the presented workshop. During the workshop, the Tutor/Coach uses multimedia presentations and additional training materials.
The training is filled with icebreakers to provide a relaxed atmosphere for all participants. Idea of this course is also to give the opportunity to every participant to work one-by-one with Coach/Tutor. This program is dedicated to both School Principals and Teachers – many of the issues presented during the course can be easily adapted to the curriculums in order to engage students and manage lesson time more effectively.
- Being able to overcoming their own boundaries helps Teachers to create a more reliable image of themselves as those who can inspire students to take action and defeat their own limitations.
- Access to a new network of teachers across Europe inspires new ideas, teaching methods and problem solving.
- Asking questions of a clearly defined purpose Teachers will be able to motivate students to work and at the same time develop their sense of responsibility
- Working on own habits will make Teachers realize how they can help students enhance their strengths
- Being able to giving proper feedback helps develop students very quickly
- Coaching group can be used to integrate the group and create group goals
- The use of coaching tools by Teachers in their workplace not only develops Teachers but also allows them to provide each other supportive feedback.
- Pre-arrival information.
- Tuition & training materials.
- Coffee break.
- Training Certificate.
- Europass Certificate.
- Admin & organizational costs.
- Accommodation (hotels & self-catering apartments).
- Half-day and one-day trips.
- Cultural activities.
- Airport transfer.
- Local transport.