Teaching is not just about reading out what’s in the textbook or covering the syllabus on time. It is much more complex than that. To become a good teacher, you need to have what is referred to as Soft Skills, those skills that many studies and research have proven how much they are directly linked to success.
In the education sector, Soft Skills such as communication, leadership, flexibility/adaptability, teamwork, interpersonal skills, problem solving, work ethic, etc. are an important and crucial means that characterizes relationships with other people (students, school staff, parents, the community … and makes it successful.
This course is designed to help educators deepen their understanding of Soft Skills and provide them with the best tools that will help them transform the prevailing theories into practical experiences into every facet of the school day.
The course will help the participants to:
- Improve and facilitate communication and active listening
- Improve public speaking, organization, time management
- Acquire knowledge and tools about teamwork
- Boost creativity and problem-solving skills
- Gain insight into the principles of leadership and collaboration
- Reflect upon motivation and how to foster it
- Master concrete tools and activities to be used with the pupils to support them to develop their Soft Skills
- Use emotional intelligence as a tool to involve, motivate and support students
Day 1: What are soft skills
- Course introduction
- Introduction to Soft Skills
Day 2: Communication Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Active Listening Skills
Day 3: Leadership and Teamwork
- What is effective Leadership? Qualities and styles
- How to inspire others?
- Teamwork: benefits, challenges, techniques and strategies
Day 4: Problem solving and stress Management
- Problem-Solving Techniques
- What is Stress Management? Tips, techniques and strategies
Day 5: Course closure
- Goal setting
- Time management
- A blend of lecture format and practical activities
- Assembly and small groups
- Experiential training,
- Best practices’ exchange.
- Morning Wrap-up
- Daily evaluations
- Creative games
- Throughout the course, participants are encouraged to reflect on their own practice, consider alternative practices and try out a variety of classroom activities through lesson planning, workshops and presentations.
The general aim of this course:
- Empowering teachers, trainers, headmasters and other education staff to improve their soft skills thus fostering excellence in education
- Exchanging best practices and experiences.
- Making contacts with individuals and organizations working in the education field in Europe through everyday cooperation, networking and team-building activities
11.12.2023 > 15.12.2023
22.01.2024 > 26.01.2024
11.03.2024 > 15.03.2024
08.04.2024 > 12.04.2024
08.07.2024 > 12.07.2024
20.09.2024 > 06.09.2024
06.11.2023 > 10.11.2023
04.12.2023 > 08.12.2023
05.02.2024 > 09.02.2024
04.03.2024 > 08.03.2024
08.07.2024 > 12.07.2024
02.09.2024 > 06.09.2024
- Pre-arrival information.
- Tuition & training materials.
- Coffee break.
- Training Certificate.
- Europass Certificate.
- Admin & organizational costs.
- Accommodation (hotels & self-catering apartments).
- Half-day and one-day trips.
- Cultural activities.
- Airport transfer.
- Local transport.