Málaga, Sevilla and TenerifeNew Technologies & ICT2 days (weekend)
In the technology era, apart from putting digital boards the classroom, uploading documents into a website, and browsing for some information, technology hasn´t deeply transformed education yet. A lot can be achieved only by taking advantage of the devices that the students already carry with them and have at home.
The scope of this course will cover all the stages creating a Digital Classroom, from research to assessment, in order to facilitate the teacher’s job.
The scope of this course will cover all the stages in a project based learning, from research to assessment, to facilitate teacher’s job.
- Getting to know how to use a diversity of digital resources in order to make activities more interesting for students.
- Increasing student´s engagement and motivation.
- Taking advantage of student´s devices in and out of the classroom.
- Developing collaborative activities.
- Increasing performance and effectiveness in the preparation of the lessons.
- Taking advantage of available resources for the classroom, free and easy to use.
- Being more effective teachers, spending more time on students rather than bureaucracy.
- Offering students more support on ICT.
DAY BY DAY
- DAY 1: Preparing your lesson
Creating a Google Account.
Blended Learning and Flipped Classroom.
Project Based Learning (PBL).
Types of Learning Management Systems (LMS).
Workshop 1: Preparing the class. Research and collect information for the project by using Google Tools (Drive, Keep) and Evernote.
Workshop 2: Create a blog in Blogger.
Workshop 3: Tools for modifying our resources: Picasa (Photo Editor), PicCollage and PhotoGrid (collage), Skitch (integrated tool with Evernote).
Wiki: Collaborative tool for projects (wikispaces).
Workshop 4: Create a Google Sites for students.
Workshop 5: Create an eBook using Book Creator.
Workshop 6: Create a presentation using Google Slides.
- DAY 2: Preapering your tools
Youtube, Khan Academy and TedEd.
Copyright compliance and the use of external resources.
Workshop 7: Create a video tutorial using Screen Cast.
Workshop 8: Create a video for a Flipped Classroom lesson using Explain Everything (interactive screencasting whiteboard).
Workshop 9: Creating a quick assessment with Google Forms.
Workshop 10: Create an assessment using Socrative (real-time formative assessments).
The methodology used in the course is ‘learning by doing’ in the form of a guided tutorial. The teacher, after briefly explaining some concepts and approaching the necessary tools, proposes a project in which students will have to create educational resources for the class.
The teacher then becomes a support, helping the students in their learning experience, at the end of the course there will be a test to assess the learning outcomes and the knowledge gained.
- By completing this course, you will acquire new competencies and will be able to:
- Understand different models of instruction using ICT.
- Learn how to use collaborative tools using cloud computing tools: Google Apps
- Search and select appropriate already available videos and other resources.
- Create video resources: Record, edit and deliver video.
- Create audio-visual interactive activities.
- Deal with main issues using technology in class.
- Make students create their own content.
- Get instant feedback from students.
- Use different ways of getting a quick and easy assessment.
- Pre-arrival information.
- Tuition & training materials.
- Coffee break.
- Training Certificate.
- Europass Certificate.
- Admin & organizational costs.
- Accommodation (hotels & self-catering apartments).
- Half-day and one-day trips.
- Cultural activities.
- Airport transfer.
- Local transport.